Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mr Gu and Flowers Too

Here is Mr Gu, he is our wonderful driver.  He is learning English and I am trying to speak my terrible Mandarin.  I must confess that I use my translator app on my phone frequently or ask the front desk to help me explain where I want to go.  He is a very careful driver and this is what he calls his "mafia" pose :)





Mr Gu took us to the most beautiful flower market and my pictures do not do it justice.  I wish you could smell the wonderful flowers!!




Our residence held a cooking class on dumpling making......very fun.  The plates above are the ones I made..they may not be pretty but they sure taste good.  A little wine, dumplings and new friends...good day!

My new friends Tricia and Jennifer:)  Jennifer thought she ordered a small beer :)  and NO, Tricia is not having a shot of any kind, it is simple syrup (sugar water) to sweeten her tea :)  I stuck with plain old Earl Grey :)

This is a random pic of a tree at a park---can't wait to see it with leaves!


2 comments:

  1. Haha I love it. Glad you guys are having so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally caught up on your blog today! LOVE the pics! Sounds like you are having a great adventure! Miss you much! Love ya! Bets

    ReplyDelete